Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thirst

This week’s theme is “Thirst”


We all thirst; everyone has moments of uncontrollable thirst that needs to be quenched.  That feeling of dryness, desperation, despair and desire.

Whether it is liquid, love, acknowledgement.
Some people thirst after happiness, fulfillment, love.
Some thirst after acceptance, connection,
Some thirst after fame, ambition,
Some thirst after water.
Emmitt Smith once said, “Always, through my whole life, I've had a thirst for knowledge.”
There is a thirst in all of us to know more, to discover, to be informed of all that life has to offer!
“Fame is the thirst of youth.”  According to Lord Byron. In our multi-media, social networking world the reality of the 21st Century is that fame is now more accessible than ever before and there is a whole young  generation that motivated with the thirst to be famous.
And as Nicole Miller so rightly points out, “I always had this thirst for excitement.”


So what excites you? What do you thirst after?
When you think of the word, what comes to mind? A desert, a bottle, desire, longing?
If you want just take a note of paper and for 15 minutes right down all the words that dance in your mind and then put them into a poem.

Please link your poem below,  be sure to link back to Poetry Jam, and also come back during the week to make visits to others in our community.  Enjoy.


21 comments:

  1. intriguing prompt...i went subtle...though after reading mary's i have another idea...so we will see what tomorrow might bring if i can work out a second....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice prompt...linked up a Tanka..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting prompt, Alan. I am looking forward to reading other poets' offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all, i hope you all enjoy the prompt and makes you want to thirst for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been traveling a lot this summer, but after next week things should slow down a bit. I've missed everyone! = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this prompt Alan. I'll be back in about an hour to read and comment on poems. I have been away from the blogging world and I am so looking forward to catching up...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this prompt...hope everyone is having a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My post is up, smiles ~ Thanks for the lovely prompt and have a wonderful week ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely prompt, Alan--mine is about longing--hope that fits--k.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the great prompt Alan! Looking forward to reading everyone's poems :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanted to try this one from quite a time.. Your prompt helped me with it :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the wonderful prompts that flex my writing muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. tried something different from my usual reflective poems :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for your poems this week, such a wide variety of creativity. I even got a tip on presents - now where can i buy some rocks? Great inspiration and some really awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really nice one...
    Isn't it amazing... A word with different meanings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thrilling prompt! Can be moulded in any form! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://artbyrae-pointsoflight.blogspot.com/2014/07/satisfy-our-thurst.html

    I missed the post time because of computer problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae Ann, I linked your poem, as you are such a regular; but if you want comments I recommend you comment on the 'regulars' here who are most likely to return your comment.

      Delete
    2. And since I have checked in late, I have commented. Mary I also had connection problems it appears.

      I had commented on 5 blogs but none of the comments showed up. I have reposted my comments, hope that does not happen again! I have visited everyone on this list. Bless.

      Delete

After you post your poem and comment, please take the time to visit poems of other poets! People will add poems throughout the week, so check back every couple days to catch what is new.